Many people face back pain may time in their lives. There are many causes of back pain, some are due to bad habits and other cause includes accidents, muscle strains, sports, and injuries. The causes of back pain may be different but most often they share the same symptoms.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- Aching or stiffness anywhere in spine from the base of the neck to the tail bone is the symptoms of back pain. The pain in your back extends downwards along with back to the leg is a sign of back pain.
- Sharp pain in the neck or upper back after lifting heavy objects or involving in any strenuous activity, pain in the upper back can also the sign of other life-threatening conditions.
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back after sitting or standing for an extended period can be a symptom of back pain.
- Back pain that radiates from the lower back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh and into calf and toes.
- Unable to strand straight without having pain or muscle spasms in the back is the symptom of back pain, the pain is accompanied by fever, burning during urinate or frequent urination; seek medical help.
Diagnosis of Back Pain
Before a doctor begins the treatment of back pain, he may do a test to diagnose what is the cause of your problem. Your doctor will probably test your range of motion or nerve function to locate the area of discomfort. Blood and urine test may be done to make sure that pain is caused by infection or systemic problem. X-rays are useful in recognizing broken bones or defect, MRI scan may be needed to locate the soft tissue damage. To determine the nerve or muscle damage (EMG) can be useful for diagnosis.
Treatment for Back Pain
Back pain treatment is pain relief and restored movement, the basic treatment of back pain is ice pack that can be helpful or aspirin is another inflammatory drug to reduce pain and inflammation.
Bed rest that is used to be advised for treatment of back pain, is not unnecessary for most of the cases of back pain but it may slowly recover the pain by applying heat that soothe muscles and connective tissues.
If back pain keeps you from normal daily routine activities so your doctor can help by recommending or prescribing pain medications. Strengthening exercises for both abdominal and back pain muscle help to stabilize the spine and back pain.