What Are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are undifferentiated biological cells that can differentiate into specialized cells and can divide( through mitosis) to produce more stem cells.
- Stem cells are the cells that are located within the body that have not yet transformed to perform a certain function.
- Stem cells are distinguished from other cell types by two important characteristics. First, they gave rise to specialized cells capable of renewing themselves through cell division.
- In addition, in many tissues serve as source of internal repair system, dividing essentially without limit to replenish other cells as long as person or animal still alive.
- In some other organs such as liver, pancreas stem cell divides under special condition.
Stem cells have been identified in many organs and tissues, including,
- Bone marrow.
- Blood vessels, peripheral blood vessels.
- Skeletal muscles.
- Skin, teeth, gut.
- Heart, liver.
- Ovarian epithelium.
WHAT ARE UNIQUE PROPERTIES OF STEM CELLS?
All stem cells regardless of source – have three general properties.
- They are unspecialized.
- They are capable of dividing and renewing themselves for a long period.
- They also produces special types of cells.
WHAT Is LOWER BACK PAIN?
Lower Back Pain:-
- :- Lower back pain is a universal human experience almost every one has it at some point.
- :- The lower back pain which start below the ribcage is called lumber region.
- :- Pain here can be intense and one of the top cause of missed work.
WHAT ARE CAUSES OF LOWER BACK PAIN?
- Smaller nerves that supply the low back may be irritated.
- Larger paired Lower back muscles may be strained.
- Bones, ligaments or joints may be damaged.
- An intervertebral disc may be degenerated.
- Back muscle strain.
- Compression of nerve roots that leads to extreme lower back pain because of protrusion of tissues, structure and any part of disc because of constant movements.
- Extreme weight and pressure about spinal canal’s toots.
- Injury in muscles, joints and ligaments by abusing and overworking it.
SYMPTOMS OF BACK PAIN?
- Hard to move or stand up straight.
- Lifting a heavy objects.
- Local soreness upon touch.
- Severe or aching pain in lower back that starts after activity.
- Muscle spasms, which can be severe.
- Pain that also moves along around to groin.
- May be accompanied by weakness or difficulty in moving leg or foot.
- If your pain is not better within 72 hr you should consult your doctor.
WHAT IS THE DIAGNOSIS OF LOWER BACK PAIN?
- History of pain
- Location, severity, type of pain.
- Source of low back pain.
- Related symptoms.
- Any history of chronic conditions.
WHO’S AT RISK FOR LOWER BACK PAIN?
- Most people get their first taste of lower back pain in their 30s. The add of additional attacks increases with age. Other reasons your low back may hurt include,
- Over weight.
- In active lifestyle.
- Jobs that require heavy lifting.
WHAT IS TREATMENT OF LOWER BACK PAIN?
- Spinal manipulation ( pressure with their hands to bones and surrounding tissues).
- Mass age therapy.
- Medication ( Ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophens )
- Injection ( medication include steroids ).
- Stem cells
- Physical therapy.
- Strengthening the back, flexion, extension, exercise.
PREVENTING LOWER BACK PAIN?
- There’s no sure way to prevent back pain as your age. But there are steps to lower your risks, including
- Stay at healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Lifting with your legs, not your back.
- Make sure your work station position is not contributing to your pain.